- Attorney at Law
Bruce Ashworth, Attorney at Law is located in Arlington, Texas. He is a board-certified in criminal law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is an attorney who provides straight talk and practical legal advice for clients who are investigated, arrested or charged with a crime.
Attorney Ashworth will provide the experienced defense needed for those accused of minor and serious crimes. He handles misdemeanors and felonies such as assault, burglary, murder, DWI, drug charges, probation revocations, sex offenses, expunctions and nondisclosure, white collar crime and grand jury investigations. Mr. Ashworth has more than 30 years experience providing the best possible criminal defense for his clients. Each case that he accepts is thoroughly reviewed and analyzed as to the facts and the applicable law.
Attorney Ashworth gives clients the individual attention and personalized service that they deserve. He has excellent knowledge of the complex criminal justice system and is well respected in the legal community. He has received an AVVO lawyers rating of excellent, and is rated AV® Preeminent™* receiving a 5.0 out of 5 by Martindale Hubbell. This rating is a distinguished peer review rating of an attorney's legal ability and general ethical standards.
Bruce Ashworth, Attorney at Law, has been selected for inclusion in the Texas Super Lawyers** a Thomson Reuters rating service for the years of 2004-2007 and 2009-2021. The final published list represents no more than five percent of the lawyers in each state. Super Lawyers is a respected list of outstanding attorneys in each state; consumers can rely on Super Lawyers to find an attorney or to validate their choice of an attorney
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
**The Texas Super Lawyers List is a Thomson Reuters rating service, which Bruce Ashworth was selected the years 2004-2007 and 2009-2021.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Drug offenses
- Criminal Law - Federal (White Collar Crime)
- Online Computer Charges
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1991
- Texas, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas
- Juris Doctor - 1982
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Texas , Austin, Texas
- Bachelor of Business Administration - 1978
Honors and Awards
- AVVO Lawyers rating of 'Excellent'
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ receiving a 5.0 out of 5, Martindale Hubbell
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2004-2007 & 2009-2021
- AV Preeminent, Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., Martindale-Hubbell certification
- BV Distinguished, Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., Martindale-Hubbell certification
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tarrant County Bar Association, President, 1995 to 1996
- Arlington Bar Association, President, 1988 to 1989
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Associate
- Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court, Master
- State Bar of Texas, Commission for Lawyer Discipline, former Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Sustaining Charter Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow