Skillful, Aggressive Defense For Internet Sex Crime Charges
Because so many of our society’s interpersonal communications are increasingly conducted online, it is inevitable that criminal activities abound in cyberspace as well. Sex crimes are no exception. The need for defense of internet sex crimes charges has been on the uptick in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and elsewhere in Texas, with no end in sight.
Bruce Ashworth, a third-generation Texas attorney, is a strong defender of the accused in internet sex crime cases and many other criminal matters. With more than 30 years of experience practicing criminal defense law in Arlington, he is board-certified in criminal law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is ready to defend you vigorously if you have been accused of an internet sex crime.
Examples Of Internet Sex Crimes
Child pornography and solicitation of minors for sexual purposes are among the most notorious internet sex crimes. Many criminal complaints fall within these and related categories:
- Invasion of privacy through transmission of sexually explicit photographs and videos without permission of the subject(s) when there are reasonable expectations that such images will not be subject to public view
- Sexual coercion involving intimate visual material that may be transmitted online and/or threats communicated through email or an internet forum
- Unlawful electronic transmission of sexually explicit visual material sent without consent of the recipient
- Online promotion of prostitution (a felony if the proposed prostitute is a minor)
- Distribution of obscene images depicting minors, including when the offender is a minor (sometimes called “sexting”)
- Possession or promotion of child pornography
- Online promotion of lewd material depicting children
- Sextortion, online sexual exploitation involving blackmailing, grooming or enticing others to provide sexually natured images and videos of themselves
- Distribution of sexual images obtained through sextortion schemes
- Online solicitation of minors
- Conspiracy to commit any of the above crimes
- Violations by registered sex offenders of prohibitions on internet access to obscene material or communications with minors about sexual matters.
Whether through citizen complaints or law enforcement investigations, Texans are accused every day of a wide range of serious crimes. Mr. Ashworth understands the risks to your reputation and freedom if you have been arrested for, accused of or investigated on suspicion of stalking, harrassment or any of the sex crimes listed above.
A Dedicated Defense Attorney Here To Protect Your Rights
Bruce Ashworth, Attorney at Law, offers free, confidential, prompt consultations. Call 817-873-1293 or send an email to reach the law offices.